The first plenary session of BIASE YOUTH PARLIAMENT, CROSS RIVER STATE, held on the 20th of April 2022
The Apex legislative of Biase Youths which is the Biase Youth Parliament, which consist of Honourable members from the 11 wards of Biase LGA, Cross river state, hit the ground running with its first plenary session at the mini auditorium of the Biase local government council, Akpet.
The session which was presided by the Honourable Leader of the House, Hon. BASSEY JOSEPH EJOM, member Representing Adim ward commenced by 2:01pm with other honourable members:
• Hon. Ulong Johnson (Abayong ward) ~ Chief whip
• Hon. Nkanu Ugen Otu (Agwagune/Okirike ward) ~ Deputy Chief whip
• Hon. Agan Lazarus (Umon South ward)
The Biase youth parliament moved some motions which is:
• Motion calling on the Biase Legislative house to adopt the Biase youth parliament as a legislative youth wing. sponsored by; Hon. Ugen Otu (agwagune/Okirike ward) and co – sponsored by Hon. Ulong Johnson (Abayong ward)
The motion was duely Deliberated upon and it became the outmost importance of the resolution of the house.
Hon member elect, HON. LUCY ADEN, from Akpet/Abini ward, was inaugurated by the Hon. Leader of the house, as the Honourable member Representing Akpet/Abini ward.
The Honourable Leader of the house, Hon. Bassey Joseph Ejom, also used his veto power to appoint and inaugurates some crucial office holders in the legislative house.
• Comr. Bassey Oke Bassey – Clerk
• Comr. Eyong Eyong Uren – Sergeant at arm
• Comr. Lawrence Eko-Owai – Chief of staff/Chief press secretary to the Honourable Leader
A motion of adjournement was moved by Hon. Agan Lazarus(Umon South ward) and seconded by Hon. Nkanu Ugen Otu(Agwagune/Okirike ward) to the next sitting @ about 2:42pm. The house having done justice on the motion, went on a recess.
Comr. Lawrence Eko-owai
Chief of staff/Chief press secretary to the Honourable Leader, Biase youth Parliament, Cross River state.
REACH CALABARGIST VIA http://wa.me//2348146824361