COMMUNIQUE BY THE COALITION OF CONCERNED CRS PDP FOR JUSTICE & FAIRNESS AT THE CONCLUSION OF THEIR MEETING, HELD ON THE 22ND JULY, 2022IN CALABAR
The Coalition of Concerned CRS PDP for Justice and Fairness, met on 22 JULY, 2022 to review the state of the party in CRS and seek ways to identify the corporate gains the party as opposition has made, since the defection of Gov. Ayade to the APC.
Rising from the meeting, the Coalition identified some issues and agreed on areas for ongoing engagement:
- To reaffirm their commitment to the unity of the PDP in CRS under the principles of equity, fairness, justice, progress and peaceful co-existence between and amongst her peoples.
- To reiterate its commitment to the politics of INCLUSION based on equity and fairness; and to collectively pursue through dialogue and other tools of negotiation, different circumstances under which the Governorship of CRS will henceforth rotate between the three senatorial districts, starting from the Southern Senatorial District.
- To pursue with the Party, all such negotiations as it deems fit (through dialogue) as a mechanism for assuaging the feelings of party members who were betrayed by the actions of some leaders and key stakeholders within the party.
- To ask for and demand a public pronouncement from the leadership of the party and the gubernatorial candidate, on how they will rebuild trust and confidence amongst members of the party, bearing in mind the disruption of the zoning arrangement (which means that the party needs to renegotiate its terms of acceptability by Cross Riverians every four years).
- To work with other like minded persons within the PDP, calling for a vote of no confidence on the Barrister Vena Ikem-led exco, following its failure to guide the party successfully. In particular, it observed the loss of the bye elections for Akpabuyo State Constituency and Yala/ Ogoja Federal Constituency. The failure to reclaim the party secretariat on highway and the non implantation of outcome of judgements. The Coalition also frowned at the lack of coherence within the ranks of party executives and the inability of the Chairman to act in ways that unite and reconcile members during and after the party primaries.
- To urge the leadership of the Party to set up a high profile committee to revisit cases of defection of key members from the PDP to other parties. The establishment of the Committee will be preceded by an all inclusive emergency State Executive Committee (SEC) meeting, where many issues of deep concern to party faithfuls in the State, will be tackled.
- To ensure that as an outcome of the Emergency SEC meeting, steps are taken to constitute an all inclusive and broad Campaign Organization, led by a UNIFIER, working to build trust, respect and strong determination to win the 2023 elections.
- To agree to remain positive and committed at all times to the overall progress of the PDP, while showing respect for the Back2South agitation based on the belief that the future growth and development of the party will be free from acrimony, arrogance, abusive conduct and disrespect for one another.
- To ensure the leadership of the party as a matter of URGENCY addresses the need for significant access to be created into the leadership for PDP youths (both male and female).
- To address the weak engagement by the leadership in rigorous membership drives which will bring new members into the PDP fold as well as reinvigorate the party.
Signed by the underlisted persons-
Coco- Bassey Esu
Archigfone Effiong Bassey
Esther Joseph Bassey
Effiwatt Ededem jnr
Williams Igwut.Maurice Eyo
Etim O. Ita
Hon Innocent Mkpot
Hon John Obun
Hon David Owai
Deac Esther Arigam
Daniel Kanu Ekpezu
Edem Asuquo Okon
Barr Kelvin OffiongIta
Sen Liyel Imoke
Sen Sandy Onor CRS Gubernatorial Candidate .
National Assembly Members
Chairman/Members CRS PDP Reconciliation Committee
National Chairman, PDP