Politics

Davido Reveals Who Pressured Him Over Osun Election Posts

Written by Mary Bassey

Afrobeats star David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has revealed that some prominent Nigerians allegedly contacted him and urged him to delete posts he shared while monitoring the Osun State governorship election.

Speaking during an interview with News Central TV on Tuesday, Davido said Senate President Godswill Akpabio and billionaire businessman Aliko Dangote were among those who reached out to him amid the controversy surrounding his social media updates on the election.

The singer said the pressure intensified as he used his online platforms to draw attention to developments during the poll.

Davido also alleged that political actors deployed huge financial resources in an attempt to influence the outcome of the election. He claimed that more than ₦110 billion in cash was brought into Osun State for what he described as efforts to manipulate the electoral process.

However, the allegation remains Davido’s claim and has not been independently established.

The musician had been vocal on social media during the election period, using his platforms to comment on the conduct of the poll and encourage transparency in the electoral process.

His latest disclosure has added a new dimension to the controversy, particularly following his claim that influential figures attempted to persuade him to take down some of his posts.

Davido’s involvement in the Osun election monitoring efforts has continued to attract attention, with his social media activities generating significant public reactions.

ALSO READ:NDC South-South Zonal Secretary Congratulates Adeleke on Osun Victory

Hope you find the Above publication useful, Calabargist will love to keep you updated via our newsletter by subscribing with your email. 

About the author

Mary Bassey

×