NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS (NANS), OFFICE OF THE NATIONAL SECRETARY GENERAL.
SECRETARIAT UPDATE V1
- In keeping faith with the mandate of Nigerian Studentst our administration under the able leadership of Comr. Usman Umar Barambu Gcns, the NANS President have in the quest to bring the lingering ASUU strike to an end met with the Hon. Minister of Labor and Employment Mr. Chris Ngige.
- The meeting which lasted for about 5hrs gave the NANS President an opportunity to articulate the growing disenchantment and concern of Nigerian students on the ASUU strike and he made a passionate appeal for the government representatives to the needful and shift ground in the interest of the Nation. The Hon. Minister appreciate the maturity of NANS leadership and briefed the Union representatives on the commitment of himself and the Ministry towards nipping the problem in the bud, he assured NANS leadership that both Federal Government and ASUU are on the verge of finding a common ground and are both committed to ending the labor tussle without further delay.
- The President was accompanied to the meeting by the Vice President National Affairs Comr. Ezenagu Victor Chinenye, the National Secretary General Comr. Usman Baba Kankia and the Senate President Comr. Felix Attah.
- NANS as a Union acknowledge the passion and appreciate the timely intervention of the Federal House of Representatives on the strike issue, the Stakeholders meeting convened at the instance of the Hon. Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila represents a way forward and confirms the dedication of the House Leadership to ending the strike. We hope that other subsequent engagements of the House, especially the much awaited meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will produce the desired and expected result that will lead to a lasting solution to the ASUU/FG impasse ones and for all.
- NANS under Comr. Usman Umar Barambu Gcns will remain resolute in the pursuit of solutions to the problems bedeviling education and Nigerian students without compromise.
Therefore, on behalf of the National Secretariat, I thank the President for leading the way and I assure him of our loyalty and readiness to serve alongside the President in championing the genuine yearnings and aspirations of Nigerian students whom we hold in the highest esteem, surely there will be no rest until our schools are reopened and Nigerian students return to class.
God bless NANS,
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta.
Comr. Usman Baba Kankia
National Secretary General, NANS.